I feel like all I’ve been thinking about and therefore writing about is how much I desperately want to find a camera charger. I am aware that this is very lame subject matter for a tour blog. I know this. I can’t help it. Just let me tell you what I did today to find one.
1. I went to Circuit City and they didn’t have one.
2. I called about 500 Radio Shacks.
3. I found one that said they have my charger and I went there.
4. I bought the charger.
5. I then returned it because it was actually the wrong one.
6. I drove around with MC Chris looking for a Best Buy that did not exist.
7. I went to a different Circuit City and they didn’t have it either.
8. Thinking that I would never ever ever find this stupid charger and that I was ruining my life looking for one, I caved in and bought a brand new camera.
9. I got back to the venue and realized that because I bought the cheapest camera that they had, it does not come equipped with AUDIO capabilities.
10. I cried.
So that’s what’s going on here. First of all, why would anyone make a camera that takes video without audio? Are there masses of people out there making silent films?! Is there a demand for that?! I don’t get it. And I also feel like that’s something you should say while selling that camera to a customer who asks specifically for something that can take videos. Clearly that guy is a douche. Am I wrong?!
So now, in the morning, after eating a soppy breakfast that’s gonna make me feel pukey all day at Cracker Barrel, I will drive 30 minutes back to Louisville, return the charger and begin again.
Also, my phone is broken and won’t charge.
Having your shit break while on the road is my least favorite thing that exists.
And that is all I have to say about that.
On to more interesting things. Aside from shit totally sucking ass, we’re all having a pretty swell time out here. MC Chris (who we’re opening for) is a very funny man and his fans have been really receptive to us. It’s pretty rock.
So hopefully tomorrow I will have made some real progress on this matter. And then we’ll be going to Nashville, Tennessee. That’s exciting for me because I’ve never been there and I like cowboy boots.
Well so far I haven’t really stuck to this writing every day thing. It’s been quite crazy with lots of flying and playing and driving and not really sleeping. But now I’m at a hotel in Columbus, OH and feel much more refreshed. Today my mission is to get a camera charger start documenting this god damn tour god damnit!